It’s Fall and the Holidays are Happening! Coming this season: Holiday Markets and warm treats!
GREEN! Snacks and stuff!
February Arts on Main will be Sweets & Swing Night!
-Our highlight feature will be the Stafford High School Jazz Band from 6 to 7 at 64 Main!
-From 7-8 we are going to DJ some swing music, and you are invited to bring your sneakers and dance!
-Try some special honey beverages at BellaNess
-Check out the next Live Art Painting at ESP Pottery
Join our January tradition of keeping you hot and warm in spite of winter! Bright lights, warm shops, and fun things!
So far we have:
- Arts on Main's first Live Art Painting: Come watch Stafford's artists create their magic! This one will be at ESP Pottery, but we have some really cool plans for a continuing series throughout the shops...
-64 Main Street will have Music with Monty, Fundraising for Stafford High School Safe Grad with Jeff's Kettle Corn and a new business, Cozy Corner Boutique, will have a display of what they have to offer!
- Surprises that fit with our "Hot Something" theme that will be up to the individual shops. What will they do??
- Live music, craft vendors, snacks, shops open till 8.
Join us as we kick off the holiday season!!
Wear your ugliest Holiday sweater to all the shops for a special perk!
Look for SANTA as he strolls Main Street!
Listen to the Stafford High School Madrigal Singers at 6pm in 64 Main while you shop local vendors. Music with Monty too!
Sample cookie treats in all the shops baked by our OFFICIALLY-OPEN MIDDLE GROUND BAKERY! (Then head over to the bakery to pick up more of your favorite!)
Check the shops for the kickoff of our "Polar Train on Main" month-long event.
Sample each shop's hot cider and let us know whose is best!
Help your kids look for the Garden Club's wintering Garden Fairies in the shops
Come out of the cold and get warm in our Main Street Shops!
Art, hot beverages, music, crafts and gifts. More to come!
Friday the 13th!
Spot the Scary Characters and join our photo scavenger hunt contest!
New Art Gallery Shows and Live Music!
A shout-out thank you for this special season project: The Stafford Arts Commission collaborated with local professional artists, Stafford's school art teachers, the Town of Stafford Selectmen, resident volunteers, and Arts on Main to bring art into this beautiful historic space.
Enjoy the photos below showing the evolution of the park, from it's original collapsed building to a beautiful historic wall with colorful art murals in the window alcoves.
Film Noir Night!
Join us for an awesomely August Arts on Main! This month's festivities will include:
A new colorful gallery show at Middle Ground Cafe
The Sara Ashleigh Band in Haymarket Park
A Film Noir screening at ESP Pottery
Acoustic Open Mic at 64 Main
Paintings and Henna Art by Shaiyan at Stafford Cidery
- Live Music by Redhead in Haymarket Square
- Slag Review Anniversary and Forge Demo in the Empty Lot Park
- New Flavor of the Month at The Ice Cream Depot
- Student Pottery Show & Sale at ESP Pottery
- Artwork at Stafford Cidery by StangeCandiez
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at Stafford Cidery
- Grand Opening & Ribbon Cutting at Artful Annie's
- Live acoustic showcase with Monty and vendors at 64 Main Street
- New Flavor of the Month Strawberry Cheesecake at the Ice Cream Depot
- Grand Opening of The Community Family Pantry
- Good art at Middle Ground Cafe
- Live music by For the Grateful in Haymarket park
- Chamber Music Open Rehearsal by Voix des Bois at ESP Pottery
- Acoustic Showcase with Monty and craft vendors at 64 Main
- Arts and Crafts by Cosmic Moons at Stafford Cidery
- Peek into our newest shop addition in renovation and encourage Artful Annie!
Join us for a SPECIAL FAMILY EDIITON of Stafford's ARTS-ON-MAIN! Bring the kids and enjoy special activities along with our usual array of art, music, and snacks.
- ART by Students at Stafford Schools at Middle Ground Cafe!
- New Flavor of the Month: Toasted Coconut at The Ice Cream Depot!
- Kid's Games at Haymarket Common, including a hula-hoop contest, egg-on-a-spoon race, team tic-tac-toe, and tug-of-war!
- Live outdoor music by Special K on the makeshift stage at Haymarket Common!
- Meet Children's Illustrator Lois Kennedy and see her paintings at ESP Pottery!
- Acoustic Showcase with host Monty at 64 Main!
- Photography by Erica Fitzgerald at Stafford Cidery!
- And don't forget After-Hours Acoustic Night (and Open Mic) at J&D's hosted by Bob Wynn-Stanley at J&D's Pub and Grill starting at 8PM.
New Art and Random Free Snacks at participating Main Street shops!
- Cider (and Sidor?;) & JMS Grad Art Show "Psychedelic Vibrations" at Stafford Cidery
- Live music and artist Reena Allen by American Sleeve Bearing at 64 Main
- Guitarist Chris Tetro and paintings by Kevin Voisine at BellaNess
- Cold Hors d'oeuvres cooking demo by Chef Josh Guernon, and hiking trail photography by Jim Fritz at ESP Pottery
- Manchester artist Ellen Dougan at Middle Ground Cafe
- Flavor of the Month Opening Night: Fly Fishing Fudge! at the Ice Cream Depot
- Artist Jeff Blazejovsky's watercolors at Middle Ground Cafe
- Guitar music, wine and snacks at Bellaness
- Basement tile making pot luck party at ESP Pottery
- Live Irish music by Rob Blaney at Stafford Cidery (no cider yet)
- Acoustic Night at J&D's (start time 8pm)
Photography by June McDonald at Bellaness
Artwork by Rich Longmore and embroidery by R&B Designs at 64 Main
Country blues music by Marylou Ferrante at 64 Main
The Stafford High School Madrigal Singers at ESP Pottery
Photographer Roger Ingraham at ESP Pottery
Folk art by Donna Gypsy Reed at Middle Ground Cafe
Acoustic Night at J&D's (start time 8pm)
Art Opening at Middle Ground
The Slag Review Issue 3 at Middle Ground
Hot Winter Beverages at Bellaness & ESP Pottery
Live Music with The Coffee Grinders Duo at 64 Main
Artists Morgan Post and Angela Mancini at 64 Main
A Final Farewell to Windowbox Botique
Acoustic Night at J&D's (start time 8pm)
Cider & Candlelight!
KICK OFF YOUR WINTERFEST WEEKEND WITH CIDER & LIGHTS AT STAFFORD'S DECEMBER ARTS ON MAIN!
- Stroll our historic Main Street and enjoy the beautiful lights and decorations courtesty of our dedicated and hard-working STAFFORD GARDEN CLUB!
- Stop by WINDOWBOX and visit with textile artist Maria Carroll, from Chipping with Charm, and check out her bags, Christmas stockings, and "Glamor Tool Belts!" And, while you're there, sya hello to Stafford's own perrennial green-thumb Charlie Guinipero and his fresh boxwood Christmas topiaries & wreaths for sale!
- Visit downtown's the shops as they offer a warm welcome and a hot cup of cider as local shops compete (informally) for bragging rights to the BEST CIDER downtown!
- Browse local vendor crafts at our first pop-up Arts on Main HOLIDAY MARKET hosted by American Sleeve Bearing at their 64 Main Street event space!
- Stop in and take a tour of the soon-to-open STAFFORD CIDERY! They're proud of thier progress and eager to share! There willl be Stafford Cidery and 'Crazy Cock' glasses and shirts for sale! And, in keeping with Cider Night, enjoy some free samples (over 21 only.)
- Be sure to check out the all-new annual "Naughty or Nice" gallery show at MIDDLE GROUND CAFE, AND take a look at Stafford's NEW BAKERY!
- Grand Opening of BellaNess Gift Shop!
- Stu Noelte's "Great Freight" show extended at ESP Pottery
- Heidi Ludwig's paintings at Middle Ground Cafe
- Acoustic Night at J&D's (Starts at 8pm)
LIVE MUSIC IN HAMARKET COMMON: Come listen to ARIZONA MAID perform LIVE 6PM – 8.30PM just across from the Main Street Shops! Sponsored by Howard Buckland and American Sleeve Bearing and made possible through the generosity and talent of Jason Foppe of The Factory. This promises to be a GREAT event!
WINDOWBOX: Joha Designs will exhibit new jewelry! Anyone not already familiar with Johanna Hibbs’s colorful jewelry designs and unique artistic process will stand amazed at these remarkable pieces, handcrafted from reclaimed paper! Come be astounded! 6PM – 8PM
STUDIO 4: Join editors Therese Masotta, Carleton Whaley and Thomas Maynard of The Slag Review as they celebrate the release of their second issue. Featuring live music, readings by authors and editors, and an exhibition of art. Come get your copy of Issue 2 (and add a copy of Issue 1 if you missed it!) This promises to be a great event! 6PM – 8PM
ESP POTTERY: Photographer Stu Noelte presents ‘GREAT FREIGHT.’ Trains are an integral part of Stafford’s downtown, their lonesome whistles punctuating our village charm. Come see one artist’s photographic distillations of the romance that is the locomotive in this superb show set to the strains of classical guitarists Monarca Duo, featuring Joshua Nakama and Keyla Mejia 6PM – 8PM
MIDDLE GROUND CAFÉ: Artists Anthony and Cathy Candelaria will present new work. Come meet and mingle with the artists as they present new paintings in this inspiring show! 6PM – 8PM
J&D’s PUB & GRILL: Round out the evening with ‘Acoustic Night Open Mic’ hosted by Bob from 8:00 – ??? Come join the fun for an extended evening of great music, good food and drink! Enjoy!
STAFFORD CIDERY is finishing its final phase of renovations on their Main Street cidery—home to Crazy Cock Cider! So they’ll be closed for October’s Arts-on-Main.
(Check back nearer Trick-or-Treat Main Street for more information on their progress!)
LIVE MUSIC IN HAMARKET COMMON: Come listen to JOSH SCUSSEL and THE NEW CITY BOYS perform LIVE 6PM – 8.30PM just across from the Main Street Shops! Sponsored by Howard Buckland and American Sleeve Bearing. This promises to be a great event! Local talent at its very best!
ESP POTTERY: Photographer Jess Vaughn is ‘Re-Defining Graffiti!’ Be there to celebrate this very public form of expression and dispel the misconception that graffiti is vandalism. A portion of the sales from Jess’s show will go to the Greater Hartford Arts Council (to enable her and other artists do even more cool stuff!) 6PM-8PM
MIDDLE GROUND CAFÉ: Artist Cilla Mays balances the artifice of paint and canvas with the depth of landscape and subject in her dazzling array of paintings. On display at MGC starting at 6PM.
J&D’s PUB & GRILL: Round out the evening with ‘Acoustic Night Open Mic’ hosted by Bob from 7:30-??? Join the fun for an extended evening of music, food and drink! Enjoy!
STAFFORD CIDERY has begun its final phase of renovations on their Main Street cidery—home to Crazy Cock Cider! So they’ll be closed for September’s events.
WINDOWBOX and BIG CLOUD VAPOR will be sitting this round out as well, but they’ll be back with bigger and better things NEXT MONTH as STAFFORD gears up for its HALLOWEEN CELEBRATIONS & TRICK-OR-TREAT MAIN STREET!